03/04/2013


FIRE


Drinking tea is always a bit of travel.


Searching for inspiring colour palettes, intensive smells and aromatic tastes, I will enjoy the moment that I can be part of a scene where all my senses can be challenged.


So today I go through a handful of Indian charm and brew a Masala Chai. I’ve chosen for a black Indian tea from the gardens of Nelliyampathy (Kerala, South India). In combination with spices and creamy milk, this tea warms up my whole body and soul.


The ingredients for Masala chai:
Black Indian tea, whole cloves, cardamom pods, cinnamon stick, fresh ginger, black pepper balls, star anise (the spices must be prepared in a mortar), milk (foam) and optional: sugar or rice syrup.
 
The round shape of the teabowls fits right in the hands, so that they also comfortably warm up


The flames of the fire licking at the time. There is tea now. Let’s not think about tomorrow.




Photo’s, black earthenware and white milk pitcher: Iris Weichler

No comments:

Post a Comment